Monday, January 3, 2011

What will you give me?

I am not sure about anyone else but my children were so good this holiday season!  They were helping each other with loads of laundry, cleaning their rooms, and even taking turns.  One day while my girls were being extra nice, I dared to ask them why they had decided to be so nice to each other.  Their answer, simply put, was that they were all getting new toys and they wanted to play with them.  They know the meaning of Christmas and really like to give to others during this time of year, but with all three of their birthdays in December and Christmas they do get a few toys.  Of course my reply was that of most moms, "you should do just because you love each other!"
A few days later we had this verse in bible study;
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men"
 -Colossians 3:23 
We talked about when someone asks you to do something, you should do it as if it were God asking you to do it.  Wow, I think this is a great verse for anyone, especially ME! There are a lot of things as a wife, mother, and even as a christian that I would rather not do but have to and sometimes I complain.  Sometimes I even have a hard time doing the things that I know God is convicting me of!  However I know;
"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones" -Proverbs 17:22 
Please Lord, help me to have a cheerful heart for you while I work!

Forever Changing,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment