Sunday, January 9, 2011

Not me!

I remember when I was little I would alway hide behind my dad's leg whenever someone tried to talk to me.  I was a shy kid and have really not changed much.  I am not someone that can just go up to anyone and start a conversation.  I wait. I observe.  I hope someone will come up to me.  Once I get to know someone I am fine, its easy, but have always wished that I might be able to be that person.  I read in Exodus a couple of days ago (and just keep thinking about it) how when God told Moses that he was to go back to Egypt to free his people, he said
"...I am slow of speech and tongue" - Exodus 4:10  and
"..Oh Lord, please send someone else to do it" -Exodus 4:13

I know how Moses felt, I don't know what I would have said to God.  I can only imagine though, that it would have sounded a lot like what Moses did say.  So what did God do for Moses?  He told Moses that he could tell his brother, Aaron, what to say and then he would speak for him!  God made a way for him!  I think that after a while Moses felt more comfortable with the people and began to speak more and more to them, but God gave him that time.  I feel like that is what God is doing with my blog.  He is giving me that out, a way to talk without being uncomfortable.  Will I ever be that person that can just walk up to anyone?  I am not sure, but I know that this is what God is telling me to do right now.  What does God want you to do to help you GROW?

Today I am linking up with Women Living Well!

Forever Changing,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment