Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Caution Work in Progress

Ever read over Proverbs 31 and thought to yourself,  "wow God, there is no way I can even compare?"  I have thought that many times.  I am very far from this women!  Reading in my Bible tonight I realize what God is trying to tell me with these verses.  He is telling me what I can do with all that he has given me.  He is showing me where I should go, the path that I need to take.  He is showing me the many opportunities I have to use these gifts he has given me.  Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares  the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a purpose."  
These verses in Proverbs are not new to me but I am always asking God to show me my purpose.  Here is God showing me my purpose!  How much clearer can he get?  I know I will not get there quickly, or without bumps in the road, but it gives me something to work on, someone I want to become.

Proverbs 31: 10-31 
10A wife of noble character who can find?
   She is worth far more than rubies.
11 Her husband has full confidence in her
   and lacks nothing of value.
12 She brings him good, not harm,
   all the days of her life.
13 She selects wool and flax
   and works with eager hands.
14 She is like the merchant ships,
   bringing her food from afar.
15 She gets up while it is still night;
   she provides food for her family
   and portions for her female servants.
16 She considers a field and buys it;
   out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.
17 She sets about her work vigorously;
   her arms are strong for her tasks.
18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
   and her lamp does not go out at night.
19 In her hand she holds the distaff
   and grasps the spindle with her fingers.
20 She opens her arms to the poor
   and extends her hands to the needy.
21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
   for all of them are clothed in scarlet.
22 She makes coverings for her bed;
   she is clothed in fine linen and purple.
23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
   where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.
24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
   and supplies the merchants with sashes.
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
   she can laugh at the days to come.
26 She speaks with wisdom,
   and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
27 She watches over the affairs of her household
   and does not eat the bread of idleness.
28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
   her husband also, and he praises her:
29 “Many women do noble things,
   but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
   but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done,
   and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

I am linking up with Time-Warp Wife and Women Living Well, and Moms Mustard Seed.

Forever Changing,
Liz

4 comments:

  1. Hello! I love your blog! It is neat to see that you also homeschool! I would have no idea that you are new to blogging. I am still trying to learn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling all to well. :) Great post. I joined the challenge to. :) You can read about it on my blog if you would like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle with that passage too. Like you, I find that God continues to speak to me about His purpose and plans for me through it. I haven't arrived, but He keeps leading me a step at a time!

    ~Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah......Prov 31.....we all struggle there! What a beautiful blog. I am reading through the sites you like and so many things are reaching out to me. So glad you linked up with Mustard Seeds Today and Blessed us with this amazing post....please, come back often. I can not wait to hear how God is moving in your life. Many Blessings....in your homeschool journey and growing in Christ! Rebecca

    ReplyDelete