Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cleaning

Today I decided to clean my room, a task I have put off for far to long.  As I was pulling everything out of the closet and going through all the clothes, shoes, and other stuff I found (yikes).  I started thinking about all of the "cleaning" that God has done in my life.  It took a while for me to get the room done and halfway through I was thinking "Why did I even start this!"  I am so glad that God does not say that about me.  The things that God has "pulled" out are many.  I know that God is not nearly done with me either, it is scary to think how big a task that is! 

"Wash away all my iniquity  and cleanse me from my sin". -Psalm 51:2
"Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice. 
Hide your face from my sins and blot out all my iniquity." -Psalm 51:7-9

I know, hard as I try, my room will get messy again.  I also know that I will sin again and God will again be there to clean up my mess!  Have you thought about cleaning lately?

Forever Changing,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment