Monday, January 10, 2011

Are you listening

Tonight my son decided to give my husband a back rub!  He was so funny doing all different kinds of rubs trying to get the lotion in (the elephant, the bike, the piano, etc...).  It just reminded me of how everyone learns so differently.  I know that some people like to read, some like to be read to, some need lots of visuals, etc...  But have you ever thought about how you learn from God?  Some people may be able to hear Gods word and listen.  Not me, I learn the hard way. I need something to happen, usually it's something bad.  I am like the crowd of five thousand, they had just witnessed Jesus feed all of the people with 5 loafs of bread and 2 fish, yet then;

"So they asked him, "What miraculous sign then will you give that
we may see it and believe you?  What will you do? -John 6:30

God can try to tell me something and I ignore it.  I wait, maybe I'm not hearing it right!  That can't be what he is talking about.  I do it again and God tries to teach me again.  Again I fail.  Finally he says " Okay Liz, let me do it this way!"  Then I learn and  answer, "Why God, did you have to do it this way, I would have listened?"   So maybe if I would just listen to God the first time, then I could spare some of the heartache. 
I will leave you with this, from a new book I am reading The Shelter of God's Promises  by Sheila Walsh,
As you reflect on your life, I pray that you can say with absolute confidence that although there have been many turns in the road, God used every bend to bring you under the shelter of who He is.

Forever Changing,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment