Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Friends

Being a mom, a teen mom, one of the things that changed were my friends.  I'm not saying that they walked away or anything, it's just that in an instant my priorities changed.  I didn't care so much what I was going to wear but was concerned what my baby was going to wear.  My idea of a great evening was snuggling with my husband and baby, theirs was going out for a fun night away from family.  I didn't lose them forever, I still talk to most of my close high school friends and I am connecting to more and more as they are now starting to build families.   It is just that you tend to want to be around people that have things in common with you so God brought me different friends.  God brings people in your life to help get you through the things that you are facing.  I look back at all of the people God has brought into my life and some I know why God brought them to me, some I don't.  Some he allowed to teach me, some to help me through the tough time, some are my "rocks", while others God is still working on me with.  Everyone has a purpose, sometime it is hard to see what mine might be sometimes.  As I continue to read through the bible in 90 days it is becoming clear to me that I can't help in all the ways God wants me to unless I know his word.  I know that I can affect the people I meet and I want everyone to see Jesus through me.  The more I know and GROW, the brighter God's light can shine.  I think the more I shine, the more people he will bring in my life.
 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1

Forever Changing,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment