Thursday, January 20, 2011

Teacher

"I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is best for you, who directs you in the way you should go.  If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea." -Isaiah 48:17-18

As I was looking through my bible a couple days ago these verses really stood out to me.  This week I have read and reread them many times.  I am always asking God to give me peace.  I worry about money, the kids, homeschooling, cleaning... everything!  Am I doing a good job?  God is my teacher, he will direct me in the way that I need to go.  If I pay attention, IF I PAY ATTENTION, peace will be like a river.  In school I was one of those kids that liked to sit at the back of the room and stare out the window, daydreaming.  I could hear the teachers, just didn't really listen to them.  I got good grades but had I applied myself I could have gotten better ones, I just did enough to get by.  That's not how I want my walk with God to be.  I need to learn to pay better attention, listen to the teacher!  Read the Bible,(I'm doing the Bible in 90 days challenge) and  study it (studing James over at GMG.  I want to pass the tests that my teacher gives me.  How will I know if I am passing?  I will have peace.  I want an A on my final.  I want to go to Heaven! 

Forever Changing,
Liz

2 comments:

  1. I was the same in school. I am enjoying the James study too. Visiting today from GMG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are reading the Bible in 90 Days with us. Keep it up and let all those words wash over you. Embrace them!

    ReplyDelete