Thursday, January 13, 2011

Things


"If anyone has material possessions
and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him,
how can the love of God be in him?"
1 John 3:17

Do you find this verse hard?  I do.  It's not that I don't want to help someone in need.  It's just that well, if it's something that cost a lot or I worked really hard to get, I don't want them to break or lose it.  Sometimes it depends on the person too.  If I have let them use something before and something happened to it, then why should I let them again?  Then I have to think, how hard did Jesus work?  He suffered and died for me, and I am sure he would do it all again for me.  I break his heart daily.  How many chances has he gave me?  Yet I still get lost sometimes.  How many more chances will I ask for?  And yet I know he will once again open his arms wide and invite me back.  No matter what!  This verse asks a question, how can the love of God be in him?  Didn't I just say I wanted to let God's light shine through me?  I need this reminder.  I need to let go of  these material possessions.  So what if it does get broken or lost.  I didn't NEED it, and if it is something I need I know God will provide me with it.   

Forever Changing,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment