Thursday, January 6, 2011

Change

I do not ask for mighty words
to leave the crowd impressed.
Just grant my life may ring so true
my neighbor shall be blessed.
-Author unknown

I love this poem, it really makes me think.  What do others see when they look at me?  Do they, can they see how God is working in me?  There are way to many (to many to count) times that I could have let God's light shine through me and I didn't.  I know that I can't change those times but, I can start from here and try to be the person God wants me to be.  Sometimes it's hard to change, especially when you are around people that knew your old ways.  Maybe it's more important that I show them how I changed, how I am growing, to show them what they are missing!  I NEED to let them know they can change too.  I can talk, and  talk, and talk, and write all I want but it takes ACTION for someone to believe you.
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 
This then is how we know that we belong to the truth,
and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence" -1 John 3:18-19

Forever Changing,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment