Monday, January 24, 2011

Mondays

my new Bible
Mondays are my cleaning days.  On the weekends I do only what has to be done, mainly cooking, and try to just spend time with my family!  However, I am one of those people that don't like things unfinished, if I start something it has to get done before I stop.  I like things to be in order, neat.   I have tried to do the one-room-a-day thing but find I just can't.  By Monday morning I am ready to just get it all done.  I work all day on Mondays and then, most of the time, only have to do little clean-ups the rest of the week.   When I got up this morning I read a little in my Bible, but just kept thinking about how I needed to get the house clean.  So I started cleaning.  As I was walking from room to room picking up, dusting, etc.. I kept catching glances at my new Bible (my birthday was this weekend and my sweet husband got me a new study Bible :) It was sitting there, waiting for me!  Well of course, stubborn me, finished all of the housework, got dinner done and finally sat down to finish my reading for today (90 day challenge).  I finished up and was flipping through admiring all of the new pages and skimming over some of the stories and this one really stuck out;
 "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things,
but only one thing is needed.  Mary has chosen what is better,
and it will not be taken away from her."  -Luke 10:41
The story in my Bible says "In Mary-fashion, we need to learn to hear God calling us away from our tasks for a pit stop.  At Jesus' feet we'll be refueled.  Then we can dash off to "Martha" the world that awaits us.  Ok God, I hear you.   So are you a "Mary" or "Martha"?

Forever Changing,
Liz


I am linking up with Raising Homemakers!





1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping my my blog from HHH! Looks like you have from great recipes and fun tips over here! Nice!

    Jessy
    http://oursideofthemtn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete