Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Way Back Then

As I am reading through the Bible in my 90 day challenge, it is becoming so clear what it really meant for Jesus to be on that cross!  Over and over again I am reading the stories of those who lost sight of God and were put to death.  It tells about how God destroyed whole towns, cities and tribes because of their sins.   God made the law and they could not keep it.  Since they were unable to keep the Law, then they were punished by it. God wanted me to be saved, but somehow the Law must be satisfied.  That is why God sent his Son.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world,
but to save the world through him." -John 3:16-17

How amazing and heartbreaking!  Someone has to pay for my sins and the price is very high.  "For  the wage of sin is DEATH..." -Romans 6:23.  God sent his son to die on the cross for me, he paid the price for me,  I owe him everything!  I was reading in a book the other day and it was talking about the cross.  It talked about what the cross was really, an instrument of death.  What Jesus did ON the cross for me was an amazing beautiful thing, but the cross itself is not so beautiful.   Now when I look at that cross I not only see what a great thing Jesus did for me,  I also think of all the pain it caused and I see all of those people in the Old Testament that didn't have that promise too.  I think of how blessed I am that Jesus took that pain for me, that he would do that for me, and unlike the people in the Old Testament I can have a personal relationship with God.!

Forever Changing,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment