Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day!  I have to say that each year that I am married I love this day more and more.  It's not because of what I get each year, some years there has been nothing tangible to show, but not because my man forgot or didn't want to. Life happens, there were bills to pay, diapers to buy, food to get.  There were more important things I could use than a dozen roses or chocolate!  My husband gives me the best gift I could ever ask for, time together.   Each year we are married, we grow closer and love each other more, that is all I could ask for, time with him.  Once right before I got married my mom said, "You know, he won't always be bringing you flowers.  It will stop."  My thought was, then and still is, that as long as he is around I wouldn't care.  The flowers have slowed down, but now he brings me even better things!  Things that still let me know he cares about me and that he is listening to me.  Things like a new kitchen sink, because I was always complaining about the old one (it had one huge side and one small side), or the piano when I really wanted it, or a jug of tea because he knew I was out... The list could go on and on, love notes, cleaning out the car, picking up something on his way home.   I know he cares and does all he can for me and I love him for that.  What kinds of things does your husband do to let you know everyday that he loves you?

Forever Changing,
Liz

1 comment:

  1. I love your post! What a great reminder it is to remember the everyday things that our husbands do to show that they love us!

    ReplyDelete