Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Fixing It

Ever noticed how when you go to fix one thing, three other things seem to need fixed?  This seems to always happen to us.  So the other day while my husband was hard at work on the sink, the washer, and the main water valve to the house, my thoughts turned to the book of James.  In my Good Morning Group, we have been doing a study on this book and I thought this was a great example of chapter 1:2
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trails of many kinds,
because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
Sometimes it is easy to get frustrated at these little things but I had to think of what a joy it is that I HAVE a washer,  running water in the house, and a sink to do my dishes!  That is a joy, after a few days without them you know what a blessing they are.    The added bonus, he wasworking on the washer and the sink on Valentines Day, so I didn't have to do the dishes or any laundry either!  I had to thank him for the perfect Valentines Gift! lol
Although none of these things were big things, my husband  was also showing my kids not to give up just because it isn't working out the way you wanted it to.  Perseverance is not something that you can show your kids once and then be done, it is something that they have to see you do over and over again.  I am glad that they have a father that can show them that even when times are tough, they shouldn't give up. Even if it's not what they had planned, it will work out for them if they perserve.  Weather it's a small trail or big, I pray that my children will have the perseverance to get through anything with God.

Forever Changing,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment