Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Half Christian??

Glass Half Full Clip Art The other day I heard my son talking.  This is what I heard, "Yes we are half Christians!"  Right away my heart dropped.  What?  How could he said that?  Where did he hear it?  So, I had to ask, if we are half Christians than what is the other half?  He looked at me with a "mom, you know" look and said "Duh, Human!"  I talked to him about what a christian is and explained that we are FULL christian and human and we could be both.

So that kinda got stuck in my head and the more I have been thinking about it, the more I think "well, he is kinda right!"  We are human but, our goal is to become more Christ like, to grow closer to God.  The closer we grow to him the further we grow from this world right?  I want to grow closer to God, but it is hard to give up these worldly things I have.  I worry about money, clothes, my hair, etc... and I should be worried about my God, my relationship.   

So really, I guess I am only half christian in that sense, if I can even say that (more like 1/4??)  Leave it to my baby to help me understand where I am and where I need to go! 

Forever Changing,
Liz

Linking up with Good Morning Girls, Women Living Well, and Raising Homemakers!

2 comments:

  1. That makes complete sense to me. :) Kids have a way of knowing what to say to get you thinking! I would have to agree with the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an eye opener! It is amazing when we can see God's gentle prompting through our children!

    ReplyDelete